Music we relate to: volume 3—end of summer nights
Sarah Stealey Reed
September 22, 2016
The summer of 2016 may officially be over (here in the States, anyway), but it doesn't mean our "summer" evenings have to end.
As the nights get a little cooler, more dinner parties spill from the confines of the air-conditioned kitchen and onto the open back porch. Wine is sipped from fancy plastic glasses while the kids play kick the can in the neighbor's yard. Even the pup is shaking off his dog days.
Serende the last of the cicadas with our ode to summer nights, curated by our own Ethan Kanat. He's mixed the sounds of summer with a little autumn beat.
You can find all Relate Live soundtracks on Spotify. We'll keep adding; you keep listening.
- Modest Mouse: Lampshases on Fire
- Phantogram: Don't Move
- Grimes (feat. Janelle Monáe): Venus Fly
- Oscar: Be Good
- Neon Indian: Annie
- Sleigh Bells: To Hell With You
- Major Lazer (feat. Nyla & Fuse ODG): Light it Up
- Lykke Li: I Follow Rivers - The Magician Remix
- The Hood Internet: Do You Give Up Now - Big Data Remix
- The Hood Internet: More Fun - Body Language Remix
- Big Data (feat. Joywave): Dangerous
- Broken Bells: The Ghost Inside
- Tegan and Sara: Ready For It
- BØRNS: Dopamine
- Flo Rida: My House
- Har Mar Superstar (feat. Fabrizio Moretti): Prisoner
- Pharell Williams: Hunter
- Sia: Sweet Design
- Vampire WeekendL Diane Young
- Tom Vek: Aroused
- Waterbed: Sweet n Sour
- Meghan Trainor: Me Too
- MKTO: Bad Girls
- Diskopunk: Fire
- Spoon: I Turn My Camera On
- The Royal Concept: Fashion
- CHAPPO: Come Home
When the sun sets a little earlier, we turn the music up a little louder. Shoo those mosquitos away and break out the wine; it's time to celebrate the end of summer.
Ethan Kanat dabbles in many of the finer things: music, fancy bourbon, technology, writing, branding, and awkward silences. He also plays around with brand strategy at Zendesk and can be found on Twitter: @EthanKanat.
Sarah Stealey Reed is the editor of Relate. When she's not wandering the world, she's a loud writer of customer experiences, contact centers, and optimistic relationships. Find her on Twitter: @stealeyreed.